MAURITIUS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
JOIN THE FIRST EDITION OF THE NATIONAL YOUTH PARLIAMENT
The Mauritius National Assembly is launching the first edition of the National Youth Parliament which aims at providing a platform for young persons to –
i. discuss issues of national and international importance in a parliamentary set up;
ii. develop an interest and understanding of parliamentary history, Etiquette and procedure; and
iii. develop their public speaking, presentation, leadership and decision-making skills, as well as enhance their ability to network with fellow citizens for the achievement of common goals.
Applications are invited from interested candidates who wish to be considered for participation in the National Youth Parliament which will be held on Thursday 02 and Friday 03 August 2018 in the Chamber, Mauritius National Assembly.
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must be –
i. a Mauritian Citizen;
ii. aged between 14 and 23 years as at closing date; and
iii. proficient in English and French.
B. MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Applicants are invited to fill in and submit the online prescribed form through mauritiusyouthparliament.govmu.org
2. Applicants are required to submit the following along with their application form –
i. passport size photograph; and
ii. Copy of birth certificate.
3. For technical support, the Parliamentary ICT Unit of the National Assembly may be contacted on the e-mail address:
4. For further queries, the help desk of the National Assembly may be contacted on e-mail address: email@example.com
C. CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 3.00 p.m.
1. Eligible applicants will be called for interview via e-mail.
2. Selected participants will be required to follow a mandatory three-days’ training, date and venue of which will be communicated in due course.
3. The Mauritius National Assembly reserves the right not to proceed with the holding of the National Youth Parliament 2018.
Mauritius National Assembly
10 May 2018